Course duration: 4 x 2-hour sessions
Do people carry your work around on their smartphone? This course covers basic principles and practical techniques for creating accessible native mobile apps in iOS and Android.
What you’ll learn
- Accessibility standards your organisation
- Assistive technologies and settings used by people with disability
- Accessible standard and custom interface controls
- Touch target size, spacing and grouping related content
- Structure content using headings, paragraphs, lists, and links
- Element ordering and focus management
- Labelling elements
- Accessible forms
- Accessible notifications and errors
Who should attend
This course is great for:
- Native mobile developers
- Native mobile designers
- Native mobile testers
Basic understanding of mobile app development principles beneficial (but not required).
You’ll need an iOS or Android phone to take part in this course. We may use online tools such as FigJam to work together during this course. You won’t need to install or create an account to use these tools.