Come and work for Intopia!
We are a digital consultancy with a difference. We’re change makers. We believe everyone has a right to inclusive digital experiences. This is our purpose, our quest, the white rabbit we follow. We do what we love, with people we like, to help make the world more inclusive. We place the user, regardless of their ability, at the centre of everything we do. We work to break down the barriers and make technology universally accessible.
About our Digital Accessibility Consultant roles
We are on a quest to find new Digital Accessibility Consultants who are interested in making the digital world more inclusive. Our roles are remote, so we encourage you to apply regardless of where you’re located. What you would be doing in the role will vary, but some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct assessments against WCAG 2.1 and accessibility best practice on multiple digital platforms (web and native mobile)
- Clearly describe issues and provide actionable recommendations on how to fix accessibility issues
- Work with organisations to help them pragmatically improve their accessibility maturity
- Work onsite and remotely with multi-disciplinary teams, including designers and developers, to review and provide feedback on accessibility across the software development lifecycle
- Define project-specific accessibility requirements
- Champion digital accessibility
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for people across all levels, from junior consultants through to senior consultants. It doesn’t matter how many years of experience you have, or even where you’re located. If you’re interested in working with us, we encourage you to apply.
We’re looking for people who can fill as many of the following criteria as possible:
- Passion for digital accessibility and inclusive design
- Experience of independent WCAG auditing on web and native mobile platforms
- Experience using assistive technology for testing such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, TalkBack. Experience with Dragon NaturallySpeaking is a bonus
- An understanding of WAI-ARIA and commonly used ARIA attributes, must be an ARIA ninja and not an ARIA cowboy
- An attention to detail with problem-solving skills that rivals Sherlock Holmes
- Good time management skills and must be a self-starter
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical audiences
Even if you don’t meet all of the above criteria, apply if you’re interested. For us, it’s not just about what you know, it’s about whether you’re the right fit for our team. If you’re successful, we’ll work with you to further develop your skills to help you be successful at work.
Benefits of working at Intopia
All of our Digital Accessibility Consultant roles are remote roles. Our preference is for team members who can work full time, but we will consider part time roles for the right candidates. Here are some of the benefits that you get for working with us:
- Flexible working hours, and ensuring you only work the hours you need to (we’re strong advocates for good work/life balance)
- 4 weeks of paid annual leave every year, and 10 days of personal/sick leave
- Dedicated time for professional development
- The option to work from a co-working space
- All the tech you need to support remote working, including a laptop
- Recognition programs, such as benefits for reaching key anniversaries
- Monthly team days (so that you can have fun at work, but also get to know the team better)
Interested in applying?
Please see our currently open roles below:
- Digital Accessibility Consultant.
We are recruiting on an ongoing basis, so this application form will always remain open. We’ll do our best to get back to you within a few weeks of applying.
If you have any questions about a role, or want to have a chat with us prior to submitting an application, get in touch with us through the Contact Us page, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.