Come and work for Intopia!
We are a digital consultancy with a difference. We’re change makers. We believe everyone has a right to inclusive digital experiences. This is our purpose, our quest, the white rabbit we follow. We do what we love, with people we like, to help make the world more inclusive. We place the user, regardless of their ability, at the centre of everything we do. We work to break down the barriers and make technology universally accessible.
Roles in our accessibility rebellion
We’re always on the hunt for Digital Accessibility Consultants to come and join the force. We’re looking for people across all levels, from junior consultants through to senior consultants. It doesn’t matter how many years of experience you have, or even where you’re located. If you’re interested in working with us, we encourage you to apply. What our consultants do each day can vary, but some of the key responsibilities include:
- Conduct assessments against WCAG and accessibility best practice on multiple digital platforms (web and native mobile)
- Clearly describing issues and provide actionable recommendations on how to fix accessibility issues
- Working with organisations to help them pragmatically improve their accessibility maturity
- Work onsite or remotely with multi-disciplinary teams, including designers and developers, to review and provide feedback on accessibility across the software development lifecycle
- Defining project-specific accessibility requirements
- Championing digital accessibility
There are key criteria that we look for in every candidate we talk to:
- A passion for digital accessibility and inclusive design
- Experience of independent WCAG auditing on web and native mobile platforms
- Experience using assistive technology for testing such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, TalkBack. Experience with Dragon NaturallySpeaking is a bonus
- An understanding of WAI-ARIA and commonly used ARIA attributes, and how ARIA can be applied
- An attention to detail with problem-solving skills that rivals Sherlock Holmes
- Good time management skills and must be a self-starter
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical audiences
Even if you don’t meet all of the above criteria, apply if you’re interested. For us, it’s not just about what you know, it’s about whether you’re the right fit for our team. If you’re successful, we’ll work with you to further develop your skills to help you be successful at work.
Benefits of working at Intopia
All of our roles at Intopia are remote roles. For many of our consultant roles, you can be located anywhere in the world. You just need to already have the right to work in the country you reside in. The roles that we advertise are typically full time roles, but we will consider part time roles for the right candidates. Here are some of the benefits that you get for working with us:
- Flexible working hours, and ensuring you only work the hours you need to (we’re strong advocates for good work/life balance)
- 4 weeks of paid annual leave every year, and 10 days of personal/sick leave
- Dedicated time for professional development
- The option to work from a co-working space
- All the tech you need to support remote working, including a laptop
- Recognition programs, such as benefits for reaching key anniversaries
- Monthly team days (so that you can have fun at work, but also get to know the team better)
Interested in working with us?
Please see our currently open roles below:
- Digital Accessibility Consultant
We are recruiting on an ongoing basis, so this application form will always remain open. We’ll do our best to get back to you within a few weeks of applying.
- Inclusive User Researcher (advertised on external website). Applications close Sunday 21 August 2022 (AEST)
For roles that have a closing date, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about a role, or want to have a chat with us prior to submitting an application, get in touch with us through the Contact Us page, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.