So, you’ve just finished the “Conducting user research with people with disability” course and want to know what you could focus on next to continue expanding your knowledge?
Assistive technology videos
A series of short videos demonstrating varions assistive technologies in action.
- Screen Reader Demo
- Screen Reader in action
- Refreshable Braille Display
- ZoomText Demo
- Head Wand
- Sip and puff device
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Demo
- Sady – Apple accessibility
- Steve’s AAC Story
- Disabled NOT Differently Abled Featuring Molly Burke
- Demystifying Disability: What to Know, What to Say, and How to be an Ally
Interacting with people with disabilities
- I might start swinging!
- Don’t touch my chair
- Things not to do to Deaf people!
- Dont ask this!
- How to talk to someone in a wheelchair
- How to greet someone who is blind
- Never assume someones disability has disappeared
- Don’t judge without knowing
Why inclusive design helps everyone
- Non-abled bodied models
- A bottle opener that could help anyone
- Makeup packaging that can be easily opened
- Nosey cup
- Writing aids
- Tipsy tray
- A range of aids that could help all sorts of users