Course duration: 4 x 2-hour sessions
Strap on your armour and prepare to go head-to-head with documents. This course will show you how to make Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro bend to your will. You will get plenty of practical guidance and opportunities to try out what you learn.
In this course, you will learn about:
- readability and legibility through colour, contrast, font choice and formatting
- structuring your documents for accessible layouts, including headings, lists and tables
- best practice for navigation tools such as links and table of contents
- creating accessible images and charts
- using inbuilt accessibility checkers
- focus and reading order, and editing with the tag tree
Who should attend
This course is great for:
- Content authors
- Product and project managers
- Anyone who works with Word and PDF
No prior knowledge of accessibility is required.
You’ll need to download and install the following software before the start of the course.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro (Reader is not sufficient)
- Microsoft Word (2016 or later preferred)
If there’s anything that stops you from installing these, let us know as soon as possible and we can explore other options for you.
We also use online tools such as FigJam to work together during this course. You won’t need to install or create an account to use these tools.